Fashion Institute Of Technology In Nyc. Ming Xi Fashion Spot. Gwen Stefani Fashion Show 2011
Fashion Institute Of Technology In Nyc
- Machinery and equipment developed from such scientific knowledge
- (technological) based in scientific and industrial progress; "a technological civilization"
- the practical application of science to commerce or industry
- The branch of knowledge dealing with engineering or applied sciences
- engineering: the discipline dealing with the art or science of applying scientific knowledge to practical problems; "he had trouble deciding which branch of engineering to study"
- The application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, esp. in industry
- Set in motion or establish (something, esp. a program, system, or inquiry)
- Begin (legal proceedings) in a court
- establish: set up or lay the groundwork for; "establish a new department"
- Appoint (someone) to a position, esp. as a cleric
- an association organized to promote art or science or education
- advance or set forth in court; "bring charges", "institute proceedings"
- Make into a particular or the required form
- make out of components (often in an improvising manner); "She fashioned a tent out of a sheet and a few sticks"
- characteristic or habitual practice
- Use materials to make into
- manner: how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- .nyc is a proposed city-level top-level domain for New York City.
- New York is the most populous city in the United States, and the center of the New York metropolitan area, which is one of the most populous metropolitan areas in the world.
- New York City
- Pennsylvania Station — commonly known as Penn Station — is the major intercity train station and a major commuter rail hub in New York City. It is one of the busiest rail stations in the world, and a hub for inboard and outboard railroad traffic in New York City.
fashion institute of technology in nyc – Fashion Institute
Carmen Dell’Orefice modeling for Vogue photoshoot. 10/15/1947
I went to the see the "Seduction" exhibit at FIT today (no photography allowed). The fashions ranged from daring, sexy ensembles to subtly revealing clothes that merely allude to sensuality and romance. All I can say is WOW! Wish I could wear some of those fashions, especially the 6" stilleto heels with the studded gold straps!
Halston, Regny, Dior, and Gernreich are a few of the top designers represented in this exhibit which ranges from the 17th to 21st century.
So, if you’re in NYC, stop by the Fashion Institute of Technology and explore both the sensual and fun side of fashion. Show runs through June 16, 2009
Does anyone know who designed the first f…. me shoe?
Professor from NYC Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT)
fashion institute of technology in nyc
The Nature of Technology is an elegant and powerful theory of technology’s origins and evolution. It achieves for the progress of technology what Thomas Kuhn’s The Structure of Scientific Revolutions did for scientific progress. Arthur explains how transformative new technologies arise and how innovation really works. Conventional thinking ascribes the invention of technologies to “thinking outside the box,” or vaguely to genius or creativity, but Arthur shows that such explanations are inadequate. Rather, technologies are put together from pieces — themselves technologies — that already exist. Technologies therefore share common ancestries and combine, morph, and combine again to create further technologies. Technology evolves much as a coral reef builds itself from activities of small organisms — it creates itself from itself; all technologies are descended from earlier technologies.
Drawing on a wealth of examples, from historical inventions to the high-tech wonders of today, and writing in wonder fully engaging and clear prose, Arthur takes us on a mind-opening journey that will change the way we think about technology and how it structures our lives.